DALLAS, Feb. 5, 2018
- Meet healthcare market demand for securing patient information in the cloud.
- Protect customer calls and messages in transit and at rest with secure encryption.
- Reflect Mitel's commitment to upholding a high level of security and compliance.
Mitel® (Nasdaq: MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in business communications, announced today several of its hosted cloud platforms have been certified as meeting Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. This certification is part of Mitel's continued commitment to ensuring high levels of security for healthcare customers while enabling them to improve clinical workflow and patient care. Mitel's HIPAA-compliant solutions include MiCloud Office, MiCloud Business, MiCloud Enterprise and Clearspan.
Mandated by the U.S. Health and Human Services Dept. in 1996, HIPAA specifies laws to secure protected health information and patient health data. To address HIPAA requirements, Mitelcreated a robust, multi-layer security framework with numerous physical and technical safeguards enforced by stringent administrative policies. The framework was designed by a dedicated information security team responsible for ongoing monitoring and assessment, and certified as compliant by Schellman and Company.
For HIPAA-covered organizations desiring additional security assurance, Mitel can execute a tailored Business Associate Agreement as part of the customer's service contract.
"Our organization is quite large, complex and features a growing ecosystem that lets patients and staff communicate through a variety of channels," said
Lou Gallagher, Senior Director of Engineering and Architecture, HealthEast. "Mitel modernized our communications system to eliminate information silos, allow integrations with SaaS-based tools like Epic and make it easier to access data we need to be more productive and improve interactions."
"Outdated communications tools remain a challenge for the healthcare industry causing inefficiency, delayed decision making and patient dissatisfaction," said
Bob Agnes, President and Executive Vice President of Products and Solutions, Mitel. "By upgrading to the latest technology, healthcare providers and staff can increase responsiveness and service quality. Mitel'ssolutions securely deliver seamless communications and collaboration capabilities to streamline day-to-day operations and enhance patient care."
- Mitel has been recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for four consecutive years.
- Synergy Research Group has confirmed Mitel's position as the #2 unified communications as a service (UCaaS) vendor worldwide
- Mitel hosted cloud solutions are trusted by more than one million global subscribers.
- Get a free copy of the "Cloud Communications for Dummies" e-book.
- Learn how HealthEast patients and staff use a variety of communications channels to more easily access data and improve interactions.
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media Camille Beasley 469-212-0433 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors Michael McCarthy 469-574-8134 email@example.com
Industry Analysts Denise Hogberg 469-212-0434 firstname.lastname@example.org